Tech Data Asia Pacific Announces Senior Leadership
Updated team incorporates the acquired Innovix business and positions Tech Data for growth across the region.
SINGAPORE – Feb. 24, 2021 – Following the completed acquisition of Innovix Distribution, Tech Data today announced updates to its senior leadership team in Asia Pacific designed to accelerate growth and scale in the region as it kicks off its Fiscal Year. The new organization includes both business unit and geographic focus, which will also align with vendor strategy.
With an emphasis on all key verticals of Tech Data APAC’s end-to-end portfolio, the new organization and leadership appointments bring a focus to the company’s Advanced Solutions business with two leaders driving this important business unit forward. This includes the following leadership appointments for Advanced Solutions in the region:
- Next-Generation Technologies will be led by Sundaresan (Sundar) Kannappan, as vice president. In this role, Sundar will lead APAC’s hyper scaler, cloud, and security businesses. He will also continue to lead Tech Data in India.
- Modern Data Center will be led by Bennett Wong, as vice president. In this role, Bennett will lead data center infrastructure, hardware and software, and hybrid cloud and analytics for APAC. He will also oversee Tech Data in Indonesia and Vietnam.
Sundar and Bennett will be responsible for regional vendor strategy, go-to-market, and investments. They will work closely with Tech Data country leadership to accelerate the growth for APAC channel partners.
In addition, the following are country leadership appointments that will build on the success of the former Innovix operations and lead the combined Tech Data businesses in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia:
- Hong Kong will be led by Karly Li as vice president. In this role she will be responsible for the strategy, go-to-market and continued growth of Tech Data’s Hong Kong distribution business.
- Singapore will be led by Mark Tan, as vice president. In this role he will be responsible for the combined Tech Data and former Innovix businesses in the country, in addition to leading strategy, go-to-market and continued growth of Tech Data Singapore.
- Malaysia (Tec D) will be led by Yoon Kam Fei as vice president. In this role he will be responsible for the strategy, go-to-market and continued growth of Tec D Malaysia.
The three newly named country leaders will be focused on ensuring partner success and expansion in their respective geographies as the acquired, former Innovix business is unified under the Tech Data and Tec D (in Malaysia) brands.
All five leaders will report directly to APAC President Jaideep Malhotra.
“Tech Data APAC is at an exciting juncture; each of these leaders brings a wealth of experience in technology solutions distribution. I am confident with Sundar and Bennett at the helm of Advanced Solutions and Karly, Mark and Yoon’s country leadership, we will continue to deliver higher value for our vendors and customers across the region,” said Jaideep Malhotra, president, Tech Data, APAC. “Their leadership combined with the business unit and country focus positions us well to meet the channel’s ever-evolving needs. These appointments will also enable us to scale and deliver the solutions aggregation support our partners have come to expect.”
Sundar joined Tech Data in 2016, most recently serving as vice president and country general manager, India. Bennett joined the company in 2016 and most recently served as vice president, ASEAN. Karly, Mark and Yoon joined Tech Data through the Innovix acquisition, most recently serving as the managing directors of Innovix distribution, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia, respectively.
About Tech Data
Tech Data connects the world with the power of technology. Our end-to-end portfolio of products, services and solutions, highly specialized skills, and expertise in next-generation technologies enable channel partners to bring to market the products and solutions the world needs to connect, grow and advance. Tech Data is ranked No. 90 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 12 straight years. To find out more, visit www.techdata.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Head of Communications, Tech Data APAC
+65 8313 3989